lunes, 7 de septiembre de 2015

The Margay by Mila


Hello, My name is Mila. I am 7 years old and I like the Margay because they are cute and because I like Ocelots.

The Margay (leopardus wiedii) is a small cat native to Central and South America. You can find them at BCI. The Margay is very similar to the larger Ocelot. This is because the Margay is mostly nocturnal and is naturally rare in the environment. They eat small mammals including monkeys and tree frogs!
It takes 80 days for a Margay to give birth and they usually have only one baby.

7 comentarios:

  1. Hi Mila Mila,
    Have you ever seen one of these on BCI? Should we take a field trip there?! I can't believe it only takes 80 days for a baby Margay to make its debut.... Do you know how big these cats are? I'm curious :)
    Keep up the good work sweet girl!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Ms. Hilary,

      No I have not. I do want to go for a field trip to BCI. Yes we should! I found out that they have a body length of 48 to 79 cm.

      Eliminar
  2. The Margay eats Monkeys? I never knew. I don't live in a country where these cats live so your information is very helpful to me. Thank you so much, Mila, for sharing these great facts. I look forward to reading more of the posts you write!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Suzie

      they do eat monkeys! I have a cat at home called gingery, can you guess what color she is?

      Eliminar
  3. Hi Mila! Wow, I went to BCI once but didn't get to see the Margay...maybe next time!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I haven't seen one either, but I know what they look like because I have seen pictures! Do you know they are endangered?

      Eliminar
  4. Mila, te felicito por la excelente investigación sobre los margay. Gracias por compartirla ya que aprendí mucho sobre estos felinos

    ResponderEliminar