lunes, 7 de septiembre de 2015

The Margay by Mahala

My name is Mahala, I am 8 years old and I'm going to be 9 in a few months. I wanted to do this animal because I love cats and the Margay is a type of cat. This animal is in a lot of danger.

The Margay has been seen in forest habitats, both deciduous and evergreen.
They have occasionally been spotted in shady cocoa or coffee plantations and riverine forests.
The Margay lives in different areas of Central and South America. They live in different places including Mexico, The Amazon Basin, Argentina, Uruguay, Belize and Brazil.
They eat squirrels, opossums, different kinds of birds, rats and three toed sloths.


8 comentarios:

  1. Mahala! I had no idea about these cats. They seem very cool. I love your illustration- you're such a wonderful artist. I'm a bit sad that they eat three toed sloths... because I love them so much. But, everyone has to eat, right?!
    Well done my darling!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Mahala,

    You are a great artist and I learned so much from what you shared about the Margay cat. I have two cats in my home. I sure am happy they don't eat squirrels, opossums, birds, rats, and sloths! They eat regular cat food I buy at a store. It makes me feel sad to know this animal is in danger. Why is this animal in danger? Is it in danger of going extinct?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Suzie,

      I learned that when people cut trees from the forest they can't meet other Margay Partners to have babies. They will just stay in their small forest area.

      Eliminar
  3. Great work Mahala! I love your drawing of the Margay. Imagine, I lived in Panama all this time and did not know about this cat. I can't wait to see all the other things you are learning about!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Mahala, your cousins Beth and Matthew in the UK like your drawing of a Margay. We Googled it and we think it looks a bit like a little leopard. Thank you for sharing your picture x

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Mahala hermoso dibujo... te felicito
    SOS una gran artista
    Sigue así estas haciendo muy buen trabajo
    Te ama infinitamente
    Papa diego

    ResponderEliminar