lunes, 7 de septiembre de 2015

Jaguars by Yago

Hello my name is Yago and I'm going to write about Jaguars. I want to know how they live and what they eat. I'm trying to learn a lot about them. I hope I can do my best researching them. I'm going to write very interesting facts, so we can all know more about them.


The scientific name for Jaguars is ''Panthera Onca''. They normally weigh between 120-220 lbs as adults. Their height is usually from 2.1-2.5 ft as adults.They have a lifespan of 12-15 years when they live in the wild. Their higher classification is the ''Panthera''. The gestation period for Jaguars is  93 to 105 days. In adult Jaguars, their body length ranges from 3.9 to 6.4 ft long.


.

12 comentarios:

  1. Yago,
    Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. That's a big cat. How are they different from leopards? Do we have them in Panama? Who do you think would win in a fight: a jaguar or Ms. Hilary?
    Choose your answer well.
    Great work :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Ms. Hilary,

      Jaguars are different because they are bigger and when they hunt they bite the brain of the animal they will eat. Leopards suffocate their prey. Leopards can live longer too! The Jaguar will win of course!
      Thank You

      Eliminar
    2. Well, I hope I won't get in a fight with one, then. I had NO idea about the brain biting and suffocating differences, so interesting :)

      Eliminar
  2. Yago,

    You are a great artist! I love the picture you drew of this Jaguar. I wonder how fast Jaguars run. It seems they would be very strong and fast. Do you agree? Thank you so much for sharing your work!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Jaguars can run 64mph/ 103km over short distances.By the way my best friend helped me doing the picture.

      Eliminar
  3. hi Yago,
    great article and drawing.
    Could you clarify if jaguars can also be black, or those are a different type of animal?
    Thanks

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Dad,

      In the Americas Panthers are actually black jaguars! and in Africa and Asia, panthers are black leopards. So Panthers are any type of black Panthera. See you at home!

      Eliminar
  4. Yago... I would like to see this animals for real... can you ask somebody where to go and see them?? We could make a trip in the middle of the jungle and try... would you like it ??

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Mom,

      I think we can go to BCI (Barro Colorado Island) to see them in the wild! Also maybe a zoo could have them? See you at home!

      Eliminar
  5. Hi Yago...what a wonderful drawing of the Jaguar. When I was a little girl exploring the jungles of Panama I saw a big black cat..I also wonder if it was this one or is it a different species?

    ResponderEliminar